Followers

Saturday, January 25, 2020

5 Stars for The Tomb (Repairman Jack, #1) by F. Paul Wilson

The Tomb (Repairman Jack, #1) by F. Paul Wilson is not an original horror or thriller novel. In fact, Jack is your typical tough guy with a superman moral compass. I adored his character. jack reminded me of Dean Winchester from the TV show Supernatural. Like Supernatural's Dean, Jack operates under a code of honor killing monsters along that path. If this book made it to the big screen, I could see it  having a cult following. Think about cult movies like The Big Lebowski, or The Princess Bride that drip with warm familiar cheese. The Tomb, like Supernatural, Lebowski, and The Princess Bride swim in sliced melted cheddar. Elements of humor, gut wrenching monsters, and cool backstories echo in well told stories creating a solid plot line. Wilson certainly knows how to sew up a dang good plot. Repairman Jack doesn't seem to ask you take him too seriously. But, you do, because the stakes are raised high enough to keep you reading. I cannot wait to read more. And my fingers are crossed that Netflix might find this book as charming as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment