Followers

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Five Stars for No Second Chances by Rio Youers

I don't think I've ever given Rio Youers less than a five on a review. His stories always deliverer from painful backgrounds and golden pathed dreams to twisted unforgettable bad guys, not to mention a couple of unexpected plot twists. This one even had an honorable mention of one Lola Bear and I loved her character in a previous Youers book. My favorite Youers is still Westlake Soul even though it is very different than his other novels. 

So, more reasons to read a Rio Youers, specifically No Second Chances: 

1. A rich boy bully who fully deserves to go down.

2. A sweet bad ass chick from Kentucky who definitely needs to go up. 

3. A washed out actor who looks like Don Johnson who ironically needs a second chance.

4. Insanely great dialogue that puts serious humor on old cliches. 

5. Fast paced action packed verbiage skittering along a well-produced plot without what E.M. Forester distastefully calls "tea time."

Other good news is I hear Youers has a new novel coming out: The Bang, Bang Sisters. I can't wait to read all of that bang. I bet it's a good bang for your buck. HaHa. Okay, well that's just cheesy, but I hope to read it and soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment