Followers

Monday, July 26, 2021

The Last Apprentice series by Joseph Delaney deserves a five star rating.


The Last Apprentice series by Joseph Delaney deserves a five star rating. True, a couple of the books, namely Slither fell short of the hype; however, the long awaited battle with the Fiend made up for it in book 13. I still have some questions after reading this book. Plot questions not answered will wait for the new series already perfectly lined up with previous books like Slither and Grimalkin. As far as simplistic writing goes, I think folks should keep in mind these books are filed under children's literature. And for myself, I loved the writing. My summer reading often includes books that are not filed under children's literature and reading a kid's series was refreshing. Plus, I enjoyed reading this series with my daughter, who is not a kid, and also has reading that is far from simplistic. The Last Apprentice series is story telling at its best. The twists, scary monsters, heroes and character development is fan-freaking-tastic. I highly recommend this series!


No comments:

Post a Comment